LATOKEN offers 2-step verification, known also as 2-factor (2FA) or multifactor authentication, as an added security layer in addition to your username and password.
With 2-step verification enabled on your account, you'll need to provide a unique verification code sent to your phone in addition to your username and password.
Some events that can trigger 2-step verification
- Sign-in attempt from an unrecognized device
- Sign-in attempt from a unrecognized phone number
- Sending crytpo out of your LATOKEN account
SMS is a phone app authentication. Since SMS is linked to a phone number, it can leave you susceptible to phone number porting attacks. These types of attacks involve an attacker transferring or "porting" a victim's phone number to a device the attacker controls, effectively taking over the number and associated 2-step verification codes.
How to link phone number:
- Tap Profile at the top left
- Tap Phone Number
- Enter new phone number then tap Next
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone